This article is about flashing a custom ROM on your Redmi Note 8 phone. Despite Xiaomi.eu uses MIUI as its base, the operating system is still considered as a custom Android ROM. The flashing process is basically easy. Simply read and follow the whole steps carefully.
In case you didn’t know it yet, Xiaomi.eu is a longstanding project been available for years since the inception of Xiaomi phones. The main purpose is to bring better MIUI experience on any Xiaomi phones (Mi, Redmi, Redmi Note series). The project aims those purchased Xiaomi phones running China ROM. Nevertheless, Xiaomi.eu ROM is also compatible with global Xiaomi phones.
Xiaomi.eu Key Features:
- Based on China Stable build.
- Enabled search gesture (swipe up) on the desktop
- 3way reboot menu (in dev settings)
- Dark Mode (Night Mode) for 7.x/8.x/9.x devices (In the dev settings except 9.x)
- Removed ads in MIUI system apps
- Face Unlock for all 7.x/8.x/9.x devices
- Vertical clock widget on lockscreen
- Steps counter in Assistant screen
- More shortcuts on left lockscreen
- Wake up gestures for 7.x/8.x/9.x devices
- AI preloading option in MIUI Lab for 8.x/9.x devices
- Fullscreen gestures for 8.x/9.x devices
- Option to auto-expand first notification
- Notifications priority settings
- More edit options in the Gallery app
- Enabled MiDrive in File Explorer
- Added landscape mode for SMS app
- Sunrise/Sunset in the weather app
- Google apps support integrated
- Removed 5GHz region restrictions
- Confirm dials from call logs
- Morning report on the alarm in the morning
- More apps supported for AOD notifications
- More styles for AOD screen
- Raise to wake gesture
- AOD notification received animation
- Default volume control stream toggle
- Tap fingerprint sensor to wake toggle
- More Camera features
- Double-tap to lock screen
- Battery AI scenes
- Allowed disabling specific system apps
- Importing theme .mtz from zhuti.xiaomi.com via ThemeManager
- No useless Chinese bloatware apps
- More free RAM due to fewer background processes
- Unified flat style app icons for both system and 3rd party apps
- Advanced menu with color icons
- No Chinese character under the full system
- Mi Video, Mi Music, Mi Browser: No any useless Chinese content
- No possibility to re-lock bootloader accidentally with flash any xiaomi.eu release
- Added real 27 languages translation made by Official MIUI Fansites and MIUI Fans
- Added EU T9 dialer support
- Added charging sound switch
- Added Spell Checker switch for 7.x devices
- Added Screen-OFF animation
- Optimized GPS settings for EU
- Optimized Battery consumption
- Optimized RAM consumption
- Added 3D Touch to MI5S 3GB RAM version
- Added GSMalphabet into SMS app options
- Added more icons grid layout 4×5, 4×6, 4×7, 5×5, 5×6, 5×7 (depends on device)
- SafetyNet passed (Google Pay)
- Play Store Certified
- Added automated tasks in the Security app
- Added game speed booster
- Added erase module (magic elimination) to Gallery photo edit options
- Fixed low volume sound via headphone
- Charging screen for all Android 7.x/8.x/9.x devices
- And more, and more made by our 8 years MIUI mods experience.
Need a highlight? There are some advantages that we like about Xiaomi.eu ROMs:
- It has multi-language options.
- Based on MIUI China ROM, Xiaomi.eu ships with newer features, patches, and enhancements over the MIUI Global ROM.
- Its Mi Themes app is patched allowing you to install MIUI themes downloaded from third-parties.
- Completely ads free. No more hidden advertisements.
- No Chinese bloatware apps.
How to Install Xiaomi.eu on Redmi Note 8
Please read the whole steps thoroughly. Do not attempt to proceed except if you have understood. No one points a gun to you. You decided to follow the tutorial. Neither the Xiaomi.eu team nor we will hold responsibility for any damages.
Please create backups of your data and files locally.
- A Redmi Note 8 phone (Codename Ginkgo).
- Make sure its battery is at least 55%.
- A USB data cable. Use the one shipped with the device.
- A Windows-based computer. We prefer to use Windows 10 or 8.1 64-bit operating system.
- Xiaomi ADB Fastboot Drivers and Android Platform Tools.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Redmi Note 8.
- Download Xiaomi.eu MIUI 11 for Redmi Note 8.
- Optional: Magisk Root package (zip). Download the latest version available.
- A cup of coffee (optional).
Steps to Install Xiaomi.eu
Section 1: Installing the necessary drivers
Step 1. Disable Windows Drivers Signature Enforcement on your computer. This step is not mandatory but is recommended to ensure the drivers being installed properly. We have a detailed tutorial here.
Step 2. Extract the Xiaomi ADB Fastboot Driver zip file (miui-ADB-Driver-Installer-v1.4.3.zip) and install it on your computer. This step is necessary to install the ADB Fastboot system-wide. Make sure you install it on C:\adb\.
Step 3. Unlock the bootloader of your phone. Read the full guide on how to unlock the bootloader of MIUI phones here. Please be aware that the process requires you to reset your phone. All your data will be lost.
Step 4. Extract the Android Platform Tools zip file. You’ll get a new folder named “platform-tools“.
Section 2: Installing TWRP Recovery
Step 5. Enable the USB Debugging option on your phone. Basically, you enabled this if you followed our tutorial. However, it is better to double-check it.
Settings >> System >> Developer Options >> enable the "USB Debugging" option.
Couldn’t find the Developer Options? Go to:
Settings >> System >> About phone >> Tap the Build Number several times >> congratulation you are a developer.
Step 6. Connect your Redmi Note 8 phone to the computer using its USB cable.
Step 7. Install TWRP Recovery. Follow the steps explained in our previous guide on how to install TWRP.
Section 3: Flashing Xiaomi.eu ROM
Step 8. Turn off your phone completely. Once it’s off, press the Power button and the Volume Up button simultaneously to reboot the phone to TWRP recovery. You may need to do “Swipe to allow system modification” action. If this is your first time entering TWRP.
Step 9. Form the main menu, choose “Wipe” then “Format Data“. Proceed accordingly.
Do not enter Advanced Wipe and do not wipe anything other than formatting /data partition. Once done, go back to the main menu of TWRP.
Step 10. Copy the Xiaomi.eu ROM zip file to your phone. Assuming the phone is still connected to the computer, you can simply copy and paste it to your phone through the Windows Explorer.
Alternatively, you can put the Xiaomi.eu zip file inside the Platform Tools folder and issue this command in the command prompt window:
adb push xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote8_V126.96.36.199.PCOCNXM_v11-9.zip /tmp/
Replace the file name accordingly.
Step 11. Choose “Install” in TWRP.
Step 12. Locate the Xiaomi.eu ROM zip file that you copied earlier. Tap on its file name to select it.
Step 13. Do the “Swipe to confirm flash” action.
Step 14. Wait for the recovery to flash the ROM zip file. Once done, reboot your phone by going to “Reboot” then choose “System“.
Step 15. Initial booting time takes longer than usual. Once you are in, set up your Google and Xiaomi accounts accordingly.
Congratulation! You have flashed Xiaomi.eu on Redmi Note 8 codename Ginkgo.