Redmi Note 7 is an all-in-one phone that covers the function of mobile photography, gaming, and also a multimedia player. Xiaomi is an expert in creating such a phone which is available at a very affordable price. Many MIUI users love Xiaomi phones for their specifications and use phones for both photography and gaming.
The latest function, multimedia player, seems like an in-built function that most people do not pay much attention at. The case would be different for audiophiles.
Audiophiles are hobbyists looking for high-quality audio reproduction through the use of special high-end electronic audio components. In short, those are people loving the sound quality and like to spoil their ears.
While using the default Music player or Video player app is more than enough for most people, audiophiles won’t feel satisfied.
Luckily, there are more tweaks than what you need in the Android world. This fact is what we love about Google’s mobile operating system.
Getting back to the sound quality, there are mainly two popular tweaks useful to enhance the sound quality produced by an Android phone. Meet Dolby Digital and Viper 4 Android.
Dolby Digital Plus, also known as Enhanced AC-3 (and commonly abbreviated as DD+ or E-AC-3, or EC-3) is a digital audio compression scheme developed by Dolby Labs for transport and storage of multi-channel digital audio (Wikipedia). The technology features greatly improved sounds, more channels, less compression, and a more realistic audio experience as compared to standard-definition audio formats.
Viper4Android (V4A) is an audio app developed by Zhuhang on XDA which is a co-founder of the software. ViPER’s Audio is an audio enhancing app to provide everyone with better audio experiences.
Viper’s Audio improves not only the sound bass with its Dynamic bass system and ViPER Bass but also the sound clarity with its unique ViPER Clarity and XHiFi technology.
Excited already? You can install and use these audio mods on your Redmi Note 7. An XDA member, Oregon69, has managed to test it on his Redmi Note 7. The result seems promising since he found no lag nor serious bugs.
Furthermore, he also combined both Dolby Audio and Viper4 with additional DSP and sound modification library.
While Xiaomi has started to roll out MIUI 11, the experience of Oregon69 is valuable. His evidence suggests that Viper 4 and Dolby are working fine on Redmi Note 7 MIUI 11 Android 9.0 Pie.
Download Dolby Digital for Redmi Note 7
Download Viper 4 for Redmi Note 7
Download Additional Sound Tweaks for Redmi Note 7
How to Install?
Warning: These tweaks require either custom recovery or root access. Please create backups beforehand. We hold no responsibility for any damaged that may happen to your device.
- Unlock the bootloader of your phone.
- Flash TWRP or Orange Fox TWRP for Redmi Note 7.
- Download Magisk root to your phone.
- Reboot into TWRP recovery (Power off, then press Power + Volume Up).
- Flash Magisk zip file (Choose Install, locate Magisk zip, do the Swipe to Confirm Flash).
- Reboot to System. Got into bootloop? Flash DM-Verity and Force Encrypt.
- Launch the Magisk Manager app.
- Go to Modules then install the Viper4Android on Redmi Note 7: the “1.0ViPER4Android_FX-v220.127.116.11.zip” file.
- Do not restart the phone yet.
- Again, go to Modules then install the Dolby Digital on Redmi Note 7: the “1.1Oreo-Pie_Dolby_Digital_Plus_v.6.1-_UNiTY__Light__by_repey6-20190315-zip” file.
- Now restart your phone.
- Again, open up the Magisk Manager.
- Install the “2.0jdsp_v2.1.zip” file. Choose the recommended default indications during the install process.
- Do not restart the phone yet.
- Again, go to Modules then install the Audio Mod Library on Redmi Note 7: the “2.1Audio_Modification_Library-v2.4.zip” file.
- Finally, restart your phone.
- Launch the Viper4 app.
- Give it root permission once asked.
- Install the recommended sound drivers.
- Restart the phone again.
Make sure you use either a top-quality earphone or a high-end audio speaker device.
Found a broken link? Write a comment below!