What we like about Xiaomi phones is the existence of plethora customizations. From custom ROMs, kernels, tweaks, and mods, it’s just so many to choose.
Unlike Huawei, Xiaomi still allows its users to unlock the bootloader of their phones. This leads to the rapid development pace of third-party Android communities.
Speaking of this, Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 as the company’s latest successor in the mid-range segment is also a developer-friendly device.
With so many digits of sales, the device that has codename Lavender becomes so popular.
Previously, we’ve posted the official Pixel Experience (PE) ROM available for the device. Lately, we’ve seen another variant of the PE ROM coming from third-party.
Meet the Pixel Experience Plus Edition! The custom ROM offers the same looks and feels of its official build but with additional twists. Its source code has been rebased and cleaned up. This approach facilitates the Android 10 bring up, and also few improvements have been added to the current base.
Download Pixel Experience Plus Edition for Redmi Note 7
The official PE Plus Edition:
You can download it from its official link:
Alternative mirror link is also available below. The file is hosted on our mirror server.
- August security patch
- Ambient play improved
- Source code rebased and cleaned up, this will facilitate Android 10 bring up, and also few improvements to current base.
- Google apps updated
- A lot of under the hood fixes
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
How to flash the official PE Plus Edition? The method is still the same. Read our previous guide on how to install PE ROM here.
The unofficial PE Plus Edition:
You can grab the ROM file from its original location hosted on Google Drive below:
You can also grab it from the mirror link hosted on our server below.
- August Security Patch
- Selinux is now Enforcing
- Switched to Pixel Plus Edition
- Updated GPS HAL from LA.UM.7.2.r1-07400-sdm660.0
- Updated Wifi Configs
- Updated GPS configs from latest MIUI
- The kernel has been upstreamed to v4.4.156
- All the CAF tags until latest which is LA.UM.7.2.r1-07400-sdm660.0 has been merged into the kernel.
- Vbmeta is now merged with a zip; no need to flash it separately anymore if coming from MIUI
- Updated Fingerprint Blobs from miui 9.8.1
- Increased InCall Volume
- Updated Volume Steps For Calls and Music
- Updated Sdm blobs from LA.UM.7.2.r1-07400-sdm660.0
- Enabled VR support
- File Manager shows internal storage on default
- set the default dpi to 420 with proper keyguard icon padding
- Updated Graphics blobs from miui v10.3.6
- Whatsapp VideoCall Lag has been thoroughly fixed
- Fixed Audio Recording
- Increased Brightness For All Panels (Boe/Senchao/Tianma)
- Updated CarrierConfig overlays from 9.8.15
- Removed NFC configurations entirely
- Dropped more useless stuff.
How to Flash Pixel Experience Plus Edition
Before we begin, it is our duty to remind you of one important thing. We hold no responsibility for any damages that may happen to your phone. Nobody forces you to do this trick. Please proceed responsibly.
It is a good habit to create backups of all your crucial data and files.
- You will need a Windows computer either a PC or a Laptop. Windows 8/8.1/10 64-bit is recommended.
- A USB data cable. Make sure it’s a data cable and not a charging-only cable.
- Download Xiaomi ADB & Fastboot driver on your computer.
- Download Android Platform Tools r28.0.1 (zip).
- Download either TWRP or OrangeFox recovery for Redmi Note 7 (img).
- Download Pixel Experience Plus Edition for Redmi Note 7 (zip) from the link above.
- Download Magisk root (zip) – only if you want to root.
STEPS TO FLASH PIXEL EXPERIENCE PLUS EDITION ON REDMI NOTE 7
Step 1. Disable Windows Drivers Signature Enforcement on your computer. We have the detailed tutorial here.
Step 2. Extract Xiaomi ADB Fastboot Driver zip file (miui-ADB-Driver-Installer-v1.4.3.zip) and install it on your computer. This should finish in seconds. Make sure you install it on C:\adb\. This step is necessary to install ADB Fastboot system-wide.
Step 3. Extract the miui-platform-tools_r28.0.1-win.zip on your computer. You’ll get a folder called “platform-tools“. This step is important to make sure you use the latest version of ADB-Fastboot.
Step 4. Unlock the bootloader of your phone. Read the full guide on how to unlock MIUI bootloader officially here. Please be aware that the process requires you to reset your phone. All your data will be lost.
Step 6. Now turn off your phone completely. Once it’s off, press the Power button and Volume Up button simultaneously. This will reboot your phone to recovery mode entering either TWRP or Orange Fox.
You may need to do “Swipe to allow system modification” action if this is your first time.
Step 7. Connect your phone to the computer using its USB cable.
Step 8. Copy the downloaded zip files from your computer to your phone. Put it anywhere inside the phone’s internal storage. We recommend you to put it in the root directory (not inside any folder). You may also copy the Magisk zip file if you want root access later.
You can do this directly through Windows Explorer, or you can put the files in the “platform-tools” folder and use the command below to copy it:
adb push PixelExperience_Plus_lavender-9.0-20190823-1328-UNOFFICIAL.zip /tmp/
adb push Magisk-v19.3.zip /tmp/
Step 9. Go back to your phone and form the main menu of TWRP choose “Install“.
Step 10. Now locate the PE Plus ROM zip file. Found it? Tap on it to select it.
Step 11. Do the “Swipe to confirm flash” action. In Orange Fox, this is called “Swipe to flash“.
Step 12. Go back to the main menu once done. Choose “Install” again. You can skip this and go to Step 15 directly if you don’t want to root.
Step 13. Find the Magisk zip file, tap on it to select it.
Step 14. Again, do the “Swipe to confirm flash” action.
Step 15. Finally, reboot your phone.
Voila! You’ve successfully installed Pixel Experience Plus Edition on your Redmi Note 7. You don’t need to flash any GApps package since PE Plus ROM already has it built-in.
Please bear in mind that the initial booting time may take longer than usual. This is normal.
Flashed it on yours? Why don’t you leave any feedback in the comment section below..