We have a mirror direct link to download the full image and flash-able zip file of Orange Fox Recovery Project (OFRP). It is another great fork of Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP). This build is for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro/Global/China/AI with codename Whyred.
Being developed from Red Wolf Recovery as its baseline, this build sports not only key features of TWRP but also awesomeness of RWRP. Obviously, this has password protection and OTA Survival features.
Despite not being so popular as its older brothers (TWRP and RWRP), the OrangeFox Recovery has its own fans. Thanks to its intuitive user interface design.
OrangeFox is developed by two creative guys: DarthJabba9 and MrYacha. The OFRP source code is available on Gitlab for the public. It means anyone can have a peek at its source code.
Download Orange Fox Recovery
The flashable ZIP file – You will need any custom recovery previously installed. Grab the zip file below and flash it either through TWRP, RWRP, or PitchBlack Recovery.
UPDATE: The Release Version 10 is now available!
- Fixed spontaneous reboots if device is encrypted with non-default key
- The build is now unified with Oreo and Pie firmwares
- Changed the recovery kernel to Oue Fox-IcCold
- Tweaks in the kernel to increase speed
- Cust added in Wipe menu
- Other minor tweaks
OFRP Version 9.0.2 supports ROMs based on Android 9.0 Pie. That includes MIUI 10 Beta builds and MIUI 10 Global Stable starting from version 10.3.1.0. Use version 9.0.2 only if your phone is one Pie-based ROM.
Otherwise, use OFRP Version 9.0.1 below if your phone is on MIUI 10 based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
The flashable IMG file – You can sideload the image file through Fastboot, just like the way you flash TWRP. You may need ARB Unlocker patch prior flashing it on a device running MIUI with Anti-rollback Protection enabled.
OrangeFox Key Features
- Supports Treble and non-Treble ROMs
- Up-to-date Oreo kernel, built from sources
- Increased compatibility with TWRP
- Updated with latest TWRP commits
- Built-in support for installing init.d functionality
- Built-in support for installing Magisk
- Built-in support for installing SuperSU (v2.82-201705271822 – non-Treble ROMs only)
- Support for Miui and Custom ROMs
- Better language support
- Optimized versions of community scripts
- Fox theme engine: choice of theme (black, dark, etc), choice of color scheme, choice of a splash screen.
- Alternative lockscreen
- And many more!
p.s: This build is not for Redmi Note 5 India a.k.a Redmi 5 Plus (codename Vince).
Found a broken link? Write a comment below!