This is the download page containing all previous and latest versions of MIUI Global Stable Fastboot ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Global/Pro/AI/China codename whyred. This includes MIUI 9 ARB 3, MIUI 9 ARB 4, and of course the most recent MIUI 10 ARB 4. All files are original, untouched, unmodified, and unaltered.
Our main purpose of creating this download page is to provide the all-in-one download hub. Hence, we really encourage you to bookmark this page just in case you will need one of these files in the future. MIUI Fastboot file is the full ROM package that you can flash through the bootloader mode. In most cases, many users need Fastboot ROM to fix their bricked phones.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, with codename whyred, is one of the devices currently running MIUI 10 with Anti-rollback Protection. It is a security feature introduced since MIUI Global Stable v184.108.40.206. There are many to tell about the feature. In short, it prevents you to downgrade the MIUI ROM. It means that the only option you have if you want to flash or to install the ROM is to flash either the same version or a newer version.
It may sound simple. However, many users have ended up with a bricked device as the result of such protection. The fact that it cannot be resolved through simple fastboot method makes the situation worst. Additionally, users cannot flash a custom recovery (TWRP/RWRP) through traditional fastboot method.
- What is Anti-rollback Protection and how to check for it?
- MIUI Anti-rollback Protection Do’s and Don’ts
- Anti-rollback Protection Bypasser Tool
Many users call the security measure as ARB which stands for Anti-rollback Protection, obviously.
UNDERSTANDING MIUI VARIANTS AND VERSIONS
MIUI ROM Variants:
- Developer/beta: This build is not the official public release but is intended for development purpose. Hence, this is also called as Beta build. You can download and use this build but you may expect some bugs and stability issues. The MIUI Beta version is usually released every week.
- Stable build: As what the name implies. The Stable build is the official public release that is stable enough for daily usage by all MIUI users. Every new Xiaomi device is released with the stable build. There is no regular and exact time of when this is going to be released. However, each time the Developer Team behind MIUI have managed to accomplish new features and patched some known bugs, the stable build will be released.
MIUI ROM Versions:
There are 3 main versions available in which each of them is intended for the specific users:
- China version: For devices released in China – it has no Google Play Store and GApps.
- Russia version: For devices released in Russia.
- Global version: For devices released worldwide other than China and Russia.
The ones available below are MIUI Global version and Stable build. Each file has its own version number. We list from the oldest to the latest one in order. Scroll to the bottom if you are looking for the latest version available.
Just like other software, version numbering is appended to each release to make it easy distinguishing newest, previous, and oldest versions. However, along with the version number, MIUI Developer Team has also included a unique code, for instance: OEIMIFH, OEIMIFD, NEIMIEK, OEICNFH, OEICNFA, and so on.
What does the code mean? It is a unique identifier coded exclusively for each release.
- The first letter (N or O) represent the Android codename in which the ROM was built from (Nougat, Oreo, and so on).
- The 2nd and 3rd letters are the code for MIUI device variants.
- The 4th and 5th letters represent the type of the build: either Global or China (and sometimes Russia).
- The 6th and 7th are just a unique code.
OEIMIFH: O= Oreo (Android 8.x) EI= Redmi Note 5 Whyred MI= Global Build FH= Unique code for the released update.
Now you have understood what the code of each MIUI ROM file is. It’s time for the direct download links.
Caution! These files are not for Redmi Note 5 India (Vince).
ROMs with no ARB or ARB 3:
ROMs with ARB 4:
LATEST VERSION (ARB4)
System has been updated to Android 9.0 Pie.
Looking for its Recovery ROM? Visit the download page here.
How to install/update?
Read also: How to flash TWRP and Root Redmi Note 5.
This page will be updated regularly once a new version becomes available. Please do not hesitate to shoot us questions for the variant not available above.
All thanks and credits belong to MIUI Developer Team.