Hi guys! This time we share a list of full MIUI Fastboot ROM of China Stable Build for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Global/AI/Pro codename Whyred. We provide all available direct links to grab the full Fastboot ROM package. Despite being unavailable officially in the Download Page of MIUI Global website, we can guarantee that all the files below are the official ROM. We make no modification on any of these files. All download links are served directly from Xiaomi’s global servers.
These MIUI China ROM are compatible with all variants of Redmi Note 5 codename Whyred including Redmi Note 5 Pro (India), Redmi Note 5 Global/AI (all other countries), and of course Redmi Note 5 China. Please remember that you may not flash it on Redmi Note 5 India codename Vince. You can understand more about Xiaomi devices codename here.
We are not quite sure of why some people prefer to run the Chinese version of MIUI ROM on their device. What we do understand is that users might be able to fix their phone in a certain situation by using a China ROM.
UNDERSTANDING MIUI VARIANTS AND VERSIONS
MIUI ROM Variants:
- Developer/beta: This build is not the official public release but is intended for development purpose. Hence, this is also called as Beta build. You can download and use this build but you may expect some bugs and stability issues. The MIUI Beta version is usually released every week.
- Stable build: As what the name implies. The Stable build is the official public release that is stable enough for daily usage by all MIUI users. Every new Xiaomi device is released with the stable build. There is no regular and exact time of when this is going to be released. However, each time the Developer Team behind MIUI have managed to accomplish new features and patched some known bugs, the stable build will be released.
MIUI ROM Versions:
There are 3 main versions available in which each of them is intended for the specific users:
- China version: For devices released in China – it has no Google Play Store and GApps.
- Russia version: For devices released in Russia.
- Global version: For devices released worldwide other than China and Russia.
The ones available below are MIUI China version and are Stable build. Each file has its own version number. We list from the oldest to the latest one in order. Scroll to the bottom if you are looking for the latest version available.
Just like other software, version numbering is appended to each release to make it easy distinguishing newest, previous, and oldest versions. However, along with version number, the MIUI Developer Team has also included a unique code, for instance: OEIMIFH, OEIMIFD, NEIMIEK, OEICNFH, OEICNFA, and so on.
What does the code mean? It is a unique identifier coded exclusively for each release.
- The first letter (N or O) represent the Android codename in which the ROM was built from (Nougat, Oreo, and so on).
- The 2nd and 3rd letters are the code for MIUI device variants.
- The 4th and 5th letters represent the type of the build: either Global or China (and sometimes Russia).
- The 6th and 7th are just a unique code.
OEICNFA: O= Oreo (Android 8.x) EI= Redmi Note 5 Whyred CN= China Build FH= Unique code for the released update.
Now you have understood what the code of each MIUI ROM file is. It’s time for the direct download links.
How to install/update? Read and follow our previous on how to flash MIUI ROM using Mi Flash Tool.
The Recovery ROMs are available here; in case you need it.
Read also: How to flash TWRP and Root Redmi Note 5.
Both MIUI 9 and MIUI 10 available above are the version with Anti-rollback Protection (ARB). It is a security mechanism to prevent you from downgrading the MIUI ROM. It means that the only option you have if you want to flash or to install the ROM is to flash either the same version or a newer version. Many users have ended up with a bricked device as the result of such protection. The fact that it cannot be resolved through simple fastboot method makes the situation worst. Additionally, users cannot flash a custom recovery (TWRP/RWRP) through traditional fastboot method.
- What is Anti-rollback Protection and how to check for it?
- MIUI Anti-rollback Protection Do’s and Don’ts
- Anti-rollback Protection Bypasser Tool