Xiaomi has recently rolled out new minor update of its MIUI Global Beta build. This build which was previously known as Developer build brings advanced changes to Beta testers. Hence, it becomes widely known as Beta build recently.
Several devices including Redmi Note 5 have received MIUI update version 9.5.16. According to its official announcement, the developers team has managed to fix some bugs.
On top of that, several aspects have also been optimized for better system performance.
The most highlighted optimization is enhanced fingerprint unlock speed. Average users may not feel a distinctive experience immediately but the feature now works even more flawlessly.
Game Speed Booster also comes as one area that the Developers team pay attention too. The most waited feature in mobile gaming is now getting option to toggle on/off the auto brightness, screenshot gestures, and reading mode.
You can preview the highlighted key features of MIUI 10 v9.5.16 Global Beta below:
1. Lockscreen, Status bar, Notification shade:
- Fixed: Screen lock prompt wasn’t displayed correctly in lanscape orientationFixed: Battery icons were displayed incorrectly
- Optimized: In-screen fingerprint scanner’s response
2.Game Speed Booster:
- Auto brightness, screenshot gestures, and Reading mode can be turned off automatically when Game Turbo is on.
- You can restrict opening Notification shade while playing games.
- Fixed: Battery and charge icon display abnormally
- Fixed: The lock screen password prompt is incomplete in the horizontal screen state.
Previously, Redmi Note 5 received its first Android 9.0 Pie update within Global Beta version 9.3.28. It means all of its hot features are now available including the most-talked Dark Mode.
You can download MIUi 10 v9.5.16 for Redmi Note 5 from the following links. Both Fastboot and Recovery files are original, untouched, and unmodified.
Download Fastboot ROM
How to install? Read our guide on how to flash MIUI Fastboot ROM.
Download Recovery ROM
How to install? Read our guide on how to flash MIUI Recovery ROM.
Beta build is not the same as Stable build. You may expect some new bugs and system stability issues within the Beta one. However, running Beta build means enjoying latest features.
This ROM is for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 codename Whyred which means for Redmi Note 5 Global/China/Ai/ Pro.
Please do not flash this ROM on Redmi Note 5 India (codename Vince).
HOW TO UPGRADE?
- You have to use Fastboot flashing method if your current phone is running MIUI 7 / MIUI 8/ MIUI 9 Stable ROM.
- You can simply use MIUI Updater feature if your phone is running MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM.
- You have to unlock bootloader of your phone before employing the fastboot flashing. Read our guide on how to unlock MIUI bootloader.