Good news for all Redmi Note 5 owners as Xiaomi has finally managed to release MIUI 12 for the most popular series of Redmi Note family.
This device received huge amount of satisfaction from its users around the globe.
Powered with Snapdragon 636 (14 nm) by Qualcomm, the SoC carries Octa-core CPUs with 4x 1.8GHz Kryo 260 Gold and 4x 1.6GHz Kryo 260 Silver processors.
The horsepower source is also combined with Adreno 509. This teammate makes a great combination in gaming tasks or light vlogging editing jobs.
Yesterday, the Xiaomi Developer Team has just managed to bring MIUI 12 Global Stable version for Redmi Note 5 Pro with codename Whyred.
This update is considered a major one. Despite still using Android 9.0 Pie as its base, MIUI 12 for Redmi Note 5 Pro boasts many enhancements, new features, as well as bugs fixes.
Check out its changelog down below:
- System Optimization: Full-screen gestures are now ignored on the Lock screen alarm page
- System animations Optimization: Animations in selected scenes
- New Control center: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
- Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
- Status bar, Notification shade: Notification shade wasn’t displayed correctly in Dark mode
Download MIUI 12
You can download the first update of MIUI 12 for Redmi Note 5 Pro from one of the links below.
You can choose between the official link which is Xiaomi’s server or a mirror from our server.
Both links support Download Manager app and multiple download connections.
Official Direct Link
Despite MIUI 12 Recovery ROM you get from our mirror link is identical as its original one, we strongly suggest you download from its official link.
Grab it from mirror one if only you encountered difficulties grabbing from official source.
How to Install?
Important note! MIUI 12 v126.96.36.199 for Redmi Note 5 Pro whyred is considered as Stable Beta. It’s stable but not really for public day to day use.
Hence, you can only flash it using a custom recovery like TWRP, RWRP, or Orangefox.
As per last time this article is posted, there is no Fastboot ROM yet.
We’ll inform you once available. Just stay tuned!