What’s new and what’s so special about this MIUI 10 Global Beta release? Xiaomi has managed to roll out the Global Developer Build of MIUI 10 based on Android 9.0 Pie for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 codename Whyred.
The device that has codename Whyred is Redmi Note 5 Pro, Global, or Ai/China. Redmi Note 5 India is not within the scope since it is basically Redmi 5 Plus codename Vince.
MIUI Beta build is the weekly release of Xiaomi’s own Android mobile operating system. It offers more features, enhancements, and bug fixes. However, users may or may not expect some other bugs compared to the Stable release. This is obvious, nevertheless.
What’s new within version 9.3.28? This release sports Android March 2019 security patch. On top of that, it brings Android 9.0 Pie on Redmi Note 5. As expected, users can also enable Pie’s system-wide Dark Mode.
Read the changelog as below:
- Android Dark mode feature added. After opening, the system interface and some applications will use dark color as the main color. Go to Settings >> Display >> Dark Mode.
- Updated Android Security Patch (March 2019) Increased system security.
- Virus scan started over after users tapped the results of a completed scan.
- Battery indicator didn’t disappear when the Notification shade was opened on the Lock screen.
- Adding passwords while transparent wallpapers are applied.
- Fixed issues with displaying notifications on the Lock screen.
- Fixed errors occurred while entering passwords and PINs.
Download MIUI 10 v9.3.28 Global Developer Build
You can download MIUi 10 v9.3.28 for Redmi Note 5 from the following links. Both Fastboot and Recovery files are original, untouched, and unmodified.
MIUI Fastboot ROM:
How to install? Read our guide on how to flash MIUI Fastboot ROM.
MIUI recovery ROM:
How to install? Read our guide on how to flash MIUI Recovery ROM.
How to Upgrade?
- You have to use Fastboot flashing method if your current phone is running MIUI 7 / MIUI 8/ MIUI 9 Stable ROM.
- You can simply use MIUI Updater feature if your phone is running MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM.
- You have to unlock bootloader of your phone before employing the fastboot flashing. Read our guide on how to unlock MIUI bootloader.