Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro/Ai/Global has been released over a year ago. The device that has a codename Whyred still obtains great intention from both enthusiasts and day-to-day users.
There have been many tweaks, custom recoveries, and custom ROMs available for Whyred. Its users can easily bring the device to to higher level of usage by installing one of them.
Uh, and by the way,.. Each time we mention Whyred, it refers to both Redmi Note 5 Pro (India) and Redmi Note 5 AI (China and Global device).
Now where we are again? That’s right, bringing Redmi Note 5 to a higher level. Some say it as “unlocking the best inside”.
Flashing a custom ROM is may be a job for advanced users. You know what, you can be a God-like user by installing a custom Kernel. It’s the greatest privilege if combined together with a custom ROM.
It’ll bring your device to the highest level.
A kernel in an Android device is basically a Linux kernel. It is an extremely important part of the software on nearly every Android device. The Linux kernel contains code for all the different chip architectures and hardware drivers it supports (Source: Android.com).
To put it simply, the Linux Kernel is advanced software that translate human languages to machine languages. It’s like Windows Drivers software. It governs how all hardware components in your device behave.
Hence, the kernel determines how smooth, how fast, or how stable the performance of your phone will be.
A kernel contains million lines of code. Average users will stay away from sneaking into the code. Advanced developers will be challenged to dive into the code, understand it, and make some modifications.
What does this mean for you, for me, for us? Thanks to such developers, we can now enjoy more than default factory setup performance. We can take control over the behavior of our device and hence controlling its performance.
The best part, we don’t even need to make our hands dirty for it. We can translate that sentence as avoiding headache because of millions of lines of kernel code.
About AGNi Kernel
Meet AGNi kernel, a custom Android kernel for Redmi Note 5. It is a Mumbai-based XDA recognized contributor named psndna88 who has managed to build the kernel.
AGNi is based on Linux kernel release 4.x and it is a GCC ready hybrid kernel.
It is a “flash and go” kernel. You can simply flash it and use the phone as usual with this kernel running beneath.
AGNi has ready-to-use optimum performance as its default settings. You don’t need to tweak options unless you are a very advanced user.
Nevertheless, the developer provides the options open and tweak-able. The developer suggests its users to stick with the stock settings for the best experience.
AGNi kernel is the most advanced kernel with all the features any user might need while also maintaining the highest level of stability.
Unlike Xtreme Kernel that overclocks the compatible device, AGNi simply tweak your system and hardware to behave to each other. Therefore, it delivers the most effective and efficient performance.
It boost your phone performance without overclocking. Instead, it tweaks the configurations to be as efficient as possible while delivering a blazing fast performance.
AGNi Kernel Key Features
What does it improve generally?
- Built with custom UBERTC GCC 8.0.0 on Windows 10 Pro x64 1709
- Enhanced compiler optimizations with device and target flags, build improvements, etc
- Removed a ton of debug and logging to improve performance
- ARM64 enhanced performance and battery patches
- CVE security patches, general upstream and CAF fixes – upstreamed to Linux 3.10.108 and added patches from CAF LA.BR.1.3.6 & Android 8 release LA.BR.1.3.7
What does it do to your CPU and GPU?
- Interactive governor tuned to achieve maximum performance with best battery life by default
- Slight OC, mild undervolt to reduce heat and improve stability and battery life
- Input boost boost available
- Adreno Idler and Adrenoboost available
- CPU and GPU Voltage control (optional)
- Several CPU Governors available – Interactive, Blu_Active, CAF active, Cultivation, Darkness, ElementalX, Chill, Bioshock, Despair, Relaxed, Ironactive, Wheatley, ALUcard
Some other key improvements
- Enhanced TCP methods – reno, htcp, highspeed, westwood+, CDG, Network and Wifi tweaks and updated drivers
- Several I/O control tweaks, added schedulers (Zen, SIO, SIOplus, BFQ, CFQ, Maple, Tripndroid, Row, Deadline, V(R), No-OP [FIOPS is default]), tweaked and updated filesystems (EXT4, F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS & CIFS)
- Disabled I/O CRC check for more performance
- Headphone mic volume boost
- modify headphone processing for increased fidelity
- modify speaker processing for clarity
- USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP on)
- Fast charging with maximum 2100mA safe limit with temperature control
- Custom Agni Control app for all your kernel control needs, has many useful CPU profiles and advanced options, available while installing
- Custom Agni ScreenModes app which has various KCAL profiles to improve screen experience, available while installing.
Download AGNi Kernel for Redmi Note 5
You can download the flash-able zip file of AGNi kernel for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 codename Whyred from direct hot links below.
The files are original, untouched, and unmodified. All files are hosted on fast and reliable cloud servers for your download convenience.
Agni MIUI Oreo Whyred 5.6
This build is for Redmi Note 5 running MIUI ROM and custom ROM based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
Agni MIUI Oreo F2FS Whyred 5.6
This build is for Redmi Note 5 running MIUI ROM and custom ROM based on Android 8.1 Oreo with F2FS file system.
Agni Pie Whyred 5.6
This build is for Redmi Note 5 running any ROMs based on Android 9.0 Pie.
AGNi kernel v4.6:
AGNi kernel v4.5:
How to install?
You will need an unlocked bootloader and TWRP recovery. Download the zip file and flash it through TWRP.
Found a broken link? Write a comment below!