Xiaomi Redmi 7 is another iteration from Xiaomi’s Redmi series. In fact, it now comes under the new sub-brand so-called Redmi. Currently, the phone gets its new iteration already thanks to the Redmi 8. Nevertheless, the Redmi 7 already drive a serious amount of sales for the company. It’s one of the popular budget phones.
Redmi 7 has codename Onclite. The Android phone sports Qualcomm SDM632 Snapdragon 632 (14 nm) chipset featuring Octa-core CPUs (4x 1.8GHz Kryo 250 Gold and 4x 1.8GHz Kryo 250 Silver) and Adreno 506. It’s not a flagship phone nor a mid-range one such as Redmi Note 7. You can still play PUBG Mobile game on its 3GB and 4GB RAM variants.
Indian users expect to be very happy since Redmi 7 receives MIUI 11 Global India ROM officially. You can check MIUI 11 rollout time table here.
Other Redmi 7 users around the globe except in China and India should be patient enough to wait for its official release date. There is a better alternative tho.
Enter the Xiaomi.eu MIUI 11 ROM!
You can download Xiaomi.eu MIUI 11 for Redmi 7 and flash it through our complete step-by-step tutorial. In case if you are in a hurry, use the following shortcut:
What is Xiaomi.eu?
Xiaomi.eu is an independent project aimed at providing Mi Fans with MIUI-based custom ROM that is perfect for Europe users. The project was founded over 8 years ago.
Nowadays, it serves users with not only Europe-specific MIUI ROM but also internationalized MIUI ROM. It has its own talented team and loyal community members.
At its earlier time, Xiaomi was a China-based company releasing Android phones with some Chinese content. The project becomes popular since it brings a better alternative while still preserving MIUI awesomeness. Nowadays the company has shifted its trend with more internationalized versions.
Up until now, Xiaomi.eu project is still as much popular as it was. The community is still actively contributing to the ROM development while the developer team is still committed to regularly release its own Xiaomi.eu MIUI ROMs.
Why Xiaomi.eu ROM?
Xiaomi.eu is basically the same as MIUI ROM. Its base is still MIUI either China Stable or China Beta ROM. Hence, it ships with all the awesomeness of MIUI without its drawbacks. Well, at least some drawbacks not favorable by MIUI users living outside China.
MIUI China ROM has one major advantage compared to its Global ROM. MIUI China version always receives earlier updates. With that in mind, all the new features, security patches, system improvements, performance enhancements, UI tweaks, and anything called Updates are coming to the MIUI China ROM earlier.
One great example is the coming of MIUI 11. This major update lands first as China Beta ROM followed by its China Stable ROM. There is no MIUI Global ROM released earlier than its China one.
Moreover, Xiaomi.eu ROMs are customized with additional key features such as below/ All interesting features are highlighted in bold text.
- Removed ads in MIUI system apps
- Face Unlock for all 8.x/9.x/10 devices
- Vertical clock widget on lockscreen
- Steps counter in Assistant screen
- More shortcuts on left lockscreen
- Wake up gestures for 8.x/9.x devices
- AI preloading option in MIUI Lab for 8.x/9.x devices
- Fullscreen gestures for 8.x/9.x devices
- Option to auto-expand first notification
- Notifications priority settings
- More edit options in the Gallery app
- Enabled MiDrive in File Explorer
- Added landscape mode for SMS app
- Sunrise/Sunset in the weather app
- Google apps support integrated
- Removed 5GHz region restrictions
- Confirm dials from call logs
- Morning report on the alarm in the morning
- More apps supported for AOD notifications
- More styles for AOD screen
- Raise to wake gesture
- AOD notification received animation
- Default volume control stream toggle
- Tap fingerprint sensor to wake toggle
- More Camera features
- Double-tap to lock screen
- Battery AI scenes
- Allowed disabling specific system apps
- Importing theme .mtz from zhuti.xiaomi.com via ThemeManager
- No useless Chinese bloatware apps
- More free RAM due to fewer background processes
- Unified flat style app icons for both system and 3rd party apps
- Advanced menu with color icons
- No Chinese character under the full system
- Mi Video, Mi Music, Mi Browser: No any useless Chinese content
- No possibility to re-lock bootloader accidentally with flash any xiaomi.eu release
- Added real 27 languages translation made by Official MIUI Fansites and MIUI Fans
- Added EU T9 dialer support
- Added charging sound switch
- Added Screen-OFF animation
- Optimized GPS settings for EU
- Optimized Battery consumption
- Optimized RAM consumption
- Added GSMalphabet into SMS app options
- Added more icons grid layout 4×5, 4×6, 4×7, 5×5, 5×6, 5×7 (depends on device)
- SafetyNet passed (Google Pay)
- Play Store Certified
- Added automated tasks in the Security app
- Added game speed booster
- Added erase module (magic elimination) to Gallery photo edit options
- Fixed low volume sound via headphone
- Charging screen for all Android 8.x/9.x/10 devices
- Widevine L1 (for supported devices)
- And more, and more made by our 8 years MIUI mods experience.
Download Xiaomi.eu MIUI 11 for Redmi 7
Below you can download Xiaomi.eu MIUI 11 ROM for Redmi 7 codename Onclite. The files are mirrored in our server hosted in the US. Please feel free to use your favorite download manager app.
Download Xiaomi.eu MIUI 11 Stable ROM:
As usual, the file is original, untouched, and unmodified. If you are not confident enough, feel free to scan it using your favorite Anti Virus or Security Software.
How to Install Xaiomi.eu on Redmi 7
Follow all the essential steps to install Xiaomi.eu MIUI 11 on Redmi 7 below. Please create backups beforehand. We hold no responsibility for any damages that may happen to your phone.
Please proceed with caution.
- Download Xiaomi ADB & Fastboot driver on your computer.
- Disable Windows Driver Signature Enforcement on your computer.
- Then install the downloaded ADB & Fastboot driver.
- Download Xiaomi.EU MIUI ROM .zip file to your computer (link above).
- Download the Magisk zip file to your computer (only if you want root-access).
Step by Step Guide on Flashing Xiaomi.eu MIUI 11 on Redmi 7
Step 1. Download Xiaomi ADB Fastboot Driver zip file (miui-ADB-Driver-Installer-v1.4.3.zip) and install it on your computer. This step is necessary to install ADB Fastboot system-wide. Make sure you install it on drive C: and hence you’ll have C:\adb\ folder.
Step 2. Download the Android Platform Tools zip file (platform-tools_r29.0.4-windows.zip). Extract the zip file as there is nothing to install here. You’ll just get a folder named “platform-tools”.
Step 3. Unlock the bootloader of your phone. Read the full guide on how to unlock MIUI bootloader officially here. Please be aware that the process requires you to reset your phone.
Step 4. Flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi 7. Click the link to read the full steps on flashing TWRP.
Step 5. Turn off your phone completely. Once it’s off, press and hold the Power key and the Volume Up key simultaneously to boot into TWRP Recovery.
Step 6. You may need to do the “Swipe to allow system modifications” if this is your first time booting into TWRP. You should now enter the main menu of TWRP.
Step 7. Now from the main menu, choose Wipe > Format Data. Proceed to format the /data partition. Please note! Never wipe System and Persist. Never wipe anything in the Advance Wipe option. Otherwise, you may end up in a bootloop situation.
Step 8. Now connect your phone to the computer using its USB cable.
Step 9. Transfer/copy the downloaded Xiaomi.eu ZIP file to the phone’s internal storage. It is better to place it in the root directory (not inside any folder).
Step 10. In TWRP, go back to the main menu then choose Install.
Step 11. Next, locate the Xiaomi.eu ZIP file that you have copied earlier. Tap on it to select it.
Step 12. Do the “Swipe to confirm flash” action.
Step 13. Sit tight and wait for the TWRP to do its job.
Step 14. Once done, go to the main menu and choose “Reboot“. Reboot into System.
Step 15. Initial booting time may longer than usual. It’s normal. Once you are in, go ahead set up your Google account.
You can then root your phone by flashing Magisk. Simply download the latest Magisk zip file to your phone storage. Reboot into TWRP recovery following steps mentioned above, then flash the Magisk ZIP file.
Enjoy! Please do not hesitate to share your experience in using this ROM.
Found a broken link? Write a comment below!