Xiaomi has managed to start rolling out the major update of its skinned Android OS, the MIUI 11, for several devices. Started from its China Beta and followed by its first China Stable, Xiaomi has unveiled its first MIUI 11 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 7A. However, its Global India release is scheduled for the third batch which is around the third week in November this year.
Redmi 7A is not a flagship device. It is not even a mid-range device. Redmi 7A is the company’s budget phone released to compete with other cheap phones in the entry-level market segment.
Surprisingly, Redmi 7A becomes the first device that we know to receive MIUI 11 Global Stable ROM.
Xiaomi through its subsidiary brand Redmi has split its focus to target the entry-level segments. Hence, strengthening supports through regular updates is one of its strategies. Hence, consumers won’t be disappointed with the devices that they bought.
The MIUI 11 release is not just a regular update. Instead, it provides a complete overhaul of its major features and UI experiences.
As per its official changelog, MIUI v220.127.116.11 Global Stable ROM brings in the September Android Security Patch. This patch is very important to address recent vulnerabilities found in many Android phones powered with Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset.
Furthermore, it enhances the Game Speed Booster feature. Users can now add a shortcut in the Homescreen to add the Game Speed Booster icon. The toolbox inside Game Turbo also receives a major upgrade. Users can easily autoplay and switching between data SIM cards.
In terms of productivity, users can enjoy the built-in Mi Doc Viewer. This eliminates the need for third-party document viewer apps.
What’s more? Check its full changelog below:
- Updated Android Security Patch to September 2019. Increased system security.
- Optimization: Lock screen pocket mode
- Optimization: Removed unnecessary sound notifications for DND mode
- New: Editing, sharing, and customizing your screenshots is now much easier
- Game speed booster:
- A major upgrade for the toolbox in Game Turbo: autoplay and switching between data SIM cards are available now
- Auto brightness, screenshot gestures, and Reading mode can be turned off automatically when Game Turbo is on
- Refreshed start page of Game Turbo
- Optimization: Prompts about turning on Game Turbo
- New: You can create a Home screen shortcut for Game Turbo now
- New: Continuous swiping opens an additional menu in Game Turbo now
- Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
- Preview your documents before you open them
- App vault:
- Optimization: All-new design and UI
- New: You can swipe down to view more shortcuts now
- Always-on display:
- Keep your screen alive with our amazing special effects
- Personalize your device with a unique signature
- The always-on display now comes with gorgeous dynamic themes. Essential information is displayed on your screen 24/7.
- More features:
- Game Turbo. Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
- Quick replies. Reply to messages from any app.
- Tasks. Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app. Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
- Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
- Sounds of nature:
- Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
- Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones
- Mi Share:
- Transfer files from phone to phone at breakneck speeds
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Fingerprint icon didn’t always disappear after unlocking
- Fix: Fingerprint icon wasn’t always displayed on the Lock screen
- Optimization: Improved UI and layouts for selecting items that are displayed on the turned off-screen
- Optimization: In-screen fingerprint scanner’s response
- Optimization: Calendar icon on the turned off-screen
- New: Use your fingerprint to open Home screen once you unlocked the device using face data and stayed on the Lock screen
- New: More clock formats for Always-on display
- Comprehensive design optimized for full-screen display devices
- Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create a system where nothing stands between you and the content
Currently, Recovery ROM is the only build of MIUI 11 v18.104.22.168 available for Redmi 7A. Unless your phone is running MIUI Global Stable, you won’t be able to flash this ZIP package.
You have to wait for its Fastboot ROM and use Mi Flash Tool to switch from either China Stable or Global India Stable ROM.
You can also try using XiaomiTool which is so far the best and the easiest tool to switch between MIUI ROMs.
One important thing, the linked file is for Redmi 7A codename Pine. Please do not attempt to flash it on Redmi 7 codename Onclite.
The first MIUI 11 Global Stable for Redmi 7A is still based on Android 9.0 Pie. Hence, you can still use this TWRP to replace the stock recovery. Once installed, you can flash Magisk to root Redmi 7A.
Have you updated your Redmi 7A to MIUI 11 already? What do you think? How’s your experience so far? Please have no doubt to write a comment below.
Found a broken link? Write a comment below!