We have managed to collect all available China variants of MIUI Stable version for Xiaomi Redmi 5A. Some users may need this Chinese ROM for whatever purposes they can think of. Despite not being available officially on the MIUI Download page, there is the China variant of the Stable build of this Android-skinned firmware.
Xiaomi Redmi 5A is a budget phone that has many users globally. On top of that, the device has been Xiaomi’s top-selling Android phone in early 2018. The reason is obvious: its price-per-specs ratio is really worth it. Thanks to the strong commitment of company’s CEO, Lei Jun, to always produce and sell devices with the profit margin, not more than five percent.
Are you one of those lucky owners of Redmi 5A? You should proud of it. Although being dubbed as a budget smartphone, Riva (the codename for Redmi 5A) is the best Android phone you could have for its price range. Some users prefer cheap devices so they can easily and conveniently do modification altering many areas of its system.
Without further ado, you can download the Recovery build (zip) of MIUI China Stable ROM from the links below. Nevertheless, you can read a short explanation below. It is a nice short reading to enhance your knowledge about MIUI ROM: its code, build, and version.
MIUI ROM Builds:
- Developer/beta: This build is not the official public release but is intended for development purpose. Hence, this is also called as Beta build. You can download and use this build but you may expect some bugs and stability issues. The MIUI Beta version is usually released every week.
- Stable build: As what the name implies. The Stable build is the official public release that is stable enough for daily usage by all MIUI users. Every new Xiaomi device is released with the stable build. There is no regular and exact time of when this is going to be released. However, each time the Developer Team behind MIUI have managed to accomplish new features and patched some known bugs, the stable build will be released.
MIUI ROM Versions:
There are 3 main versions available in which each of them is intended for the specific users:
- China version: For devices released in China – it has no Google Play Store and GApps.
- Russia version: For devices released in Russia.
- Global version: For devices released worldwide other than China and Russia.
The ones available below are MIUI China version and Stable build. Each file has its own version number. We list from the oldest to the latest one. Scroll to the bottom if you are looking for the latest version available.
Just like other software, version numbering is appended to each release to make it easy distinguishing newest, previous, and oldest versions. However, along with version number, the MIUI Developer Team has also included a unique code, for instance: NCKMIFD, NCKMIFA, NCKMIEK, NCKMIEI, NCKCNFA, and so on.
What does the code mean? It is a unique identifier coded exclusively for each release.
- The first letter (N or O) represent the Android codename in which the ROM was built from (Nougat, Oreo, and so on).
- The 2nd and 3rd letters are the code for MIUI device variants.
- The 4th and 5th letters represent the type of the build: either Global or China (and sometimes Russia).
- The 6th and 7th are just a unique code.
NCKMIFD: N= Nougat (Android 7.x) CK= Redmi 5A MI= Global Build FD= Unique code for the released update.
How to install/update?
Read and follow our previous article outlining the required steps to flash MIUI Recovery ROM.
Looking for its Fastboot ROM?
This page will be updated regularly once a new version becomes available. Please do not hesitate to shoot us questions for the variant not available above.
Found a broken link? Write a comment below!