Below are various versions of the official MIUI China Stable ROM for Xiaomi Redmi 5A which are not available in the MIUI Download page. Starting from MIUI 8 to MIUI 9, its Fastboot build is available here via direct download link. All the files are original, untouched, and official. We make no modification and we provide all the links fetched directly via Xiaomi’s global server.
Fastboot ROMs are those the full Android firmware files containing the full package of the ROM. Users need to flash the package through the bootloader mode using the official Mi Flash tool. However, since most Xiaomi users prefer to call the bootloader mode as fastboot mode, hence this ROM build tends to refer as Fastboot ROM. All files of this build have .tgz extension.
Redmi 5A is one of the top-selling budget phones ever made by Xiaomi. The company has managed to ship the phone worldwide at great numbers and this boasts the company revenue.
It is always a good practice to understand and to get an insight about several available builds of MIUI ROM. Hence, you may not get into wrong files.
MIUI ROM Builds:
- Developer/beta: This build is not the official public release but is intended for development purpose. Hence, this is also called as Beta build. You can download and use this build but you may expect some bugs and stability issues. The MIUI Beta version is usually released every week.
- Stable build: As what the name implies. The Stable build is the official public release that is stable enough for daily usage by all MIUI users. Every new Xiaomi device is released with the stable build. There is no regular and exact time of when this is going to be released. However, each time the Developer Team behind MIUI have managed to accomplish new features and patched some known bugs, the stable build will be released.
MIUI ROM Versions:
There are 3 main versions available in which each of them is intended for the specific users:
- China version: For devices released in China – it has no Google Play Store and Apps.
- Russia version: For devices released in Russia.
- Global version: For devices released worldwide other than China and Russia.
The ones available below are MIUI China version and Stable build. Each file has its own version number. We list from the oldest to the latest one. Scroll to the bottom if you are looking for the latest version available.
Although it is a China version meant for devices released within the country, Global devices can also make use of this version.
Just like other software, version numbering is appended to each release to make it easy distinguishing newest, previous, and oldest versions. However, along with version number, the MIUI Developer Team has also included a unique code, for instance: NCKMIFD, NCKMIFA, NCKMIEK, NCKMIEI, NCKCNFA, and so on.
What does the code mean? It is a unique identifier coded exclusively for each release.
- The first letter (N or O) represent the Android codename in which the ROM was built from (Nougat, Oreo, and so on).
- The 2nd and 3rd letters are the code for MIUI device variants.
- The 4th and 5th letters represent the type of the build: either Global or China (and sometimes Russia).
- The 6th and 7th are just a unique code.
NCKCNFA: N= Nougat (Android 7.x) CK= Redmi 5A CN= China Build FA= Unique code for the released update.
How to install/update?
Read and follow our previous article outlining the practical steps to flash MIUI Fastboot ROM.
Looking for its Recovery ROM?
This page will be updated regularly once a new version becomes available. Please do not hesitate to shoot us questions for the variant not available above.