This is the modified version of TWRP boasting more advanced features. Meet the Red Wolf Recovery Project! Despite compiled from TWRP source code, the RWRP boasts features which we might not see yet on other recoveries.
It has similar UI design as TWRP but its default theme color is Red. The main menu is also similar. However, some things under the hood work a little bit different in RWRP. This is because some features are not accepted for addition to the original TWRP source code.
The main developers of this ported TWRP are ATG Droid and Dadi11. In addition to both developers of RWRP, credits and thanks also belong to yshalsager as the maintainer for the RWRP build for Vince.
The best feature and the one being top feature that its developers proud of is password protection. The RWRP developers claim the recovery as the first in the world to have password protection technology. Without a correct password, anyone won’t be able to enter the recovery. On top of that, MTP is not starting automatically until user enter the correct password.
Read also: Official TWRP v3.2.3-0 for Redmi 5 Plus.
Download RWRP for Redmi 5 Plus
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus is a budget phone. It was a mid-range Android device prior the release of Redmi Note 5 Pro/AI. The device is known as Redmi Note 5 in India. However, both Redmi 5 Plus and Redmi Note 5 India are the same device. Both also share the same codename: Vince.
You can download the flash-able image file of Red Wolf Recovery from the link below:
How to install? Read our full guide on how to flash RedWolf Recovery on Redmi 5 Plus here.
Please remember! The image file (.img) of RWRP above is for Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus. Do not attempt to flash it on Redmi 5A (Riva), Redmi 5 (Rosy), or Redmi Note 5 (Whyred). Custom recoveries are usually made specific for certain devices.
Read also: How to flash TWRP and root Redmi 5 Plus.
Key Features of Red Wolf Recovery:
- Password protection
- Tap to wake support
- MIUI Incremental OTA Support
- Support “set on boot” settings.
- Support two screenshot GUI actions
- Some built-in scripts from community
- Built-in latest Magisk, SuperSU & AromaFM
- Support automatic reboot after the restore process
- Advanced deactivation of the stock recovery
- Recovery can automatically modify some props in the ROM directly during the installation
- Automatic deactivation of the dm-verity & forced encryption directly during the installation of the ROM
- Recovery can notify you about the completed backup/restore/installation using the notification diode & vibration.
- Power+VolDown to save screenshot in to the internal storage
- Power+VolUp to save screenshot in to the external storage (Will be automatically saved in to the internal in case that external storage doesn’t exist).
Found a broken link? Write a comment below!