The rumours of Poco F2 are already around the corner. This does not mean to bury the popularity of Poco F1, the first-generation flagship killer of Pocophone; the sister company of Xiaomi. Poco F1 has received good response from users globally already.
Xiaomi’s skinned Android OS has now been in version 11. MIUI 11 is the latest major update rolled out just right before the closing year 2019. Poco F1 is one of the lucky devices to receive this update.
Nevertheless, the currently available update which is MIUI 11 Global Stable ROM v18.104.22.168.PEJMIXM is still based on Android 9.0 Pie. It’s not an outdated version but Android 10 is already all around us.
Meanwhile, the dirty little trick to sideload Android 10 Q on Poco F1 is through custom ROMs. One of the best ones available is The PixelROM.
As you may already catch from its name, the PixelROM is a custom Android ROM bringing the looks and feels of Google Pixel phones to your Xiaomi phone.
Pixel phones are the official Android phones released by Google running the purest Android OS maintained directly by the company developing Android OS.
The PixelROM for Poco F1 takes the awesomeness of Pixel’s styles and brings its experience to your Poco phone. It is similar to the Pixel Experience ROM.
- Based on pure AOSP project.
- Pure stock Pixel OS experience.
- New Generation Assistant (English only).
- Pixel Live Wallpapers.
- Pixel’s Icons.
- Based on Android 10 Q.
- Linux kernel v4.x.
- Google Apps (Gapps) included.
- Google Camera (gcam) included.
Download The PixelROM
You can grab its flash-able zip file from the direct link below. You will need a custom recovery (TWRP, RWRP, Orange Fox, Pitch Black) to flash the zip file.
- Android 10.0.0 Release 13 (QD1A.190821.014) - November Security Patch - Updated some layout configs - Added exFAT and NTFS support for external_sd (Unsupported by prebuilt kernel) - Updated display configs - Pinned SystemUIGoogle - Fixed issue with TWRP being overwritten with AOSP recovery - Fixed Netflix and Amazon Prime playback issue, but WV Security Level is L3 now
How to install?
Read and follow the steps mentioned in our previous guide. Read: How to flash the PixelROM Android 10 on Poco F1.
Credits and thanks belong to Argraur.
Found a broken link? Write a comment below!