Great to see you again guys! This time we are so happy with the release of MIUI 10 minor update for the Beryllium. Despite categorized as a minor one, this update brings major changes.
Guess what are the best parts? This update is the one that Poco F1 users waited for.
Xiaomi has rolled out MIUI 10 v10.3.4.0.PEJMIXM Global Stable ROM for Xiaomi Poco F1 device (codename Beryllium). This is the most awaited release of the Global build.
Xiaomi has finally brings two most awaited features out of Beta build. Widvine L1 HD streaming and Game Turbo.
Widevine L1 is a type of certification necessary for a device so that it can play digital content protected with Widevine’s Google-based encryption. In short, it is some kind of Digital Rights Management protection.
Widevine employs a combination of CENC encryption, licensing key exchange, and adaptive streaming quality. Such multi-layered protection is crucial for both endusers and content providers.
The basic concept of such technology is to support multiple levels of streaming quality based on the security capabilities of the receiving device. Hence, it reduce the heavy load required by the service providers.
To put it simply, a device will need to be certified to meet the full L1 specification if you want to stream HD content from services like Netflix, Google Play Movies, and Amazon Video.
Without Widevine L1 certification, you won’t be able to watch HD movies from Netflix. Thankfully, the MIUI 10 v10.3.4.0.PEJMIXM now has full Widevine L1 certification.
The second cool features added within MIUI 10.3.4.0 is Game Turbo. You might already guessed from its name.
Yep, it is a cool feature to bring your gaming experience on Poco F1 to the whole new level.
Game Turbo is a dedicated app to boost Poco F1 gaming performance. It was not a standalone app during its first introduction within the Global Beta. It was accessible from within Security app.
Xiaomi has managed to push it even further by launching its standalone application.
By activating the Turbo mode within the app, you can improve performance while also doing more than gaming. Poco F1 Game Turbo allows you to increase interaction with notifications while gaming.
You can easily pull the drop-down tray and clear the memory, take a screenshot, record the screen, toggle mobile data, Wi-Fi, and DND. Recording gameplay becomes more easier as well.
Well, the above two new features are just parts of what the company ships within the new update.
Check all of its changelog below:
- NEW : Widvine L1 support
- NEW : Introducing Game Turbo. Boost your gaming experience!
- OPTIMIZATION : Updated Android Security Patch to March 2019. Increased system security.
- FIX : Ending calls took longer time that expected
- FIX : Status bar shortcut and floating notification for calls appeared at the same time
- NEW : Face unlock support
Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- NEW : You can stay on lockscreen after using face unlock
- NEW : You can restrict opening Notification shade on the Lockscreen now
- OPTIMIZATION : Face unlock efficiency
- OPTIMIZATION : Face data was recorded too fast
- OPTIMIZATION : The height of status bar is equal to the height of the notch now
- FIX : LED light didn’t blink when the battery was low
- FIX : Low battery warning didn’t appear in landscape mode
- FIX : Call time bubble overlapped with notification icons
- FIX : Face unlock prompts didn’t disappear on time
- FIX : Media playback volume couldn’t be restored after it was lowered by an incoming notification
- FIX : Notification badges were displayed incorrectly on the WhatsApp icon
- FIX : Timer button started flashing after being tapped
- FIX : Clock force closed on some specific dates
- NEW : You can shoot 4K videos at 60fps now
- NEW : New modes for AI camera
- FIX : Camera force closed when the app was closed and opened again in the Video mode
- FIX : When the user cancelled making a photo using a shortcut in Messaging and then tapped the Camera shortcut again, Camera crashed
- FIX : Sync page couldn’t be refreshed whenever sync was turned on or off in the Notification shade
- OPTIMIZATION : App names were truncated when text size was set to large
Game speed booster
- NEW : Floating windows for incoming calls during games
- OPTIMIZATION : We redesigned Mi Cloud’s start page. It looks much better now!
- FIX : Displaying items on the turned off screen couldn’t be turned off on time in some cases
One thing you may already notice, this build also brings 4K60. This allows you to record full 4K videos at 60 fps (frames per second). It means you no longer need the 4K60 lib.
You might also like: How to install Pixel Experience 9.0 ROM on Poco F1.
DOWNLOAD MIUI 10 FOR REDMI NOTE 7
What does the version code mean? It is a unique identifier coded exclusively for each release. You can understand it as below:
- The first letter (P) represents the Android codename in which the ROM was built from, the Android 9.0 Pie.
- The 2nd and 3rd letters are the code for MIUI device variants. In this case is EJ which means Poco F1 Beryllium.
- The 4th and 5th letters represent the type of the build: either Global or China. CN is for China while others are for Global. This build has code MI which means Global.
- The 6th and 7th are just a unique code for the release.
Below you can download the full ROM pack of MIUI 10 for Pocophone F1 codename Beryllium. The ROM is available in two builds: Fastboot and Recovery ROM.
DOWNLOAD FASTBOOT ROM
MIUI Fastboot ROM always has .tgz extension. Download it from direct link below:
How to install? Read our guide on how to flash MIUI Fastboot ROM.
DOWNLOAD RECOVERY ROM
MIUI Recovery ROM always has .zip extension.
How to install? Read our guide on how to flash MIUI Recovery ROM.
p.s: Xiaomi pulled the fastboot ROM for this version.
Older version: MIUI 10 v10.2.2.0 for Poco F1.