Finally, the previously rumoured Xiaomi Mi 10 has been now available. The company announces the first flagship Snapdragon 865-powered phone today in China.
Many doubted the success of this launch event due to the outbreak happening in the country recently. The event goes smoothly, however.
The coming of Mi 10 surprise many speculators while the company confirms its technical specifications.
Specs-wise, the Mi 10 boasts Qualcomm’s flagship Snapdragon 865 chipset incorporating Qualcomm Kryo 585 CPU clocked at 2.84 GHz speed.
The SoC is coupled with up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB of UFS 3.0 storage technology. Combining this hardware in a single house produces unbeatable performance.
As explained by Lei Jun, Xiaomi’s CEO, the Mi 10 incorporates 6.67-inch curved OLED display with a unique glass sandwich design.
That said, the screen display brought to the Mi 10 is a prem! It boasts a 6.67″ AMOLED display with a 90Hz refresh rate with 180Hz touch response. You could never imagine how responsive and sleek is that.
What about the display quality? Thanks to the 1120 nits peak brightness and HDR 10+, users can enjoy a spectacular viewing experience in any tasks including watching movies or playing HD games.
Xiaomi seems not satisfied with those premium specs. The company also spoils its fans with high-quality camera setup planted on Mi 10.
The new flagship phone sports a 108MP primary sensor coupled with 7 pieces of lenses and both OIS and EIS stabilization technology.
The 108MP camera is not coming alone. Three more camera sensors accompany the primary sensor providing different photography expertise area.
There is a 2MP depth-sensing camera, a 2MP macro camera, and a 13MP wide-angle lens with a 123-degree FOV.
The camera setup spoils not only mobile photographers but also mobile cinematographers. The combination of EIS, OIS, and 8K video recording allows users to capture smooth, stable, and HD videos.
Some other notable features of Mi 10 include an improved wireless charging technology, a 4,780 mAh battery, a VC heat-dissipating cooling technology, USB Type-C, Wifi 6, NFC, and Bluetooth v5.0.
Mi 10 Pro
Announced during the event as well is the pro variant of the phone.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro offers upgraded specifications in several areas including superior cameras, the battery, and the screen display.
While the standard variant sports only 1120 nits display, the Pro comes with 1200 nits.
On top of that, the screen also boasts a JNCD value of less than 0.55 and a Delta-E value of just 1.1 points. How good is that?
Let’s take iPhone 11 Pro Max as a sample to compare for. Apple’s latest flagship only sports a JNCD value of less than 0.8 and a Delta-E value of 2.14.
FYI: Just Noticeable Color Differences (NJCD) is a measurement of the bare minimum colour difference a human eye can spot.
Coming to the camera specs, the Mi 10 Pro boasts 8P (pieces) of lenses instead of 7P on the main 108MP camera.
The wide-angle camera is also boasted to 20MP with an ultra-wide 117-degree FOV sensor, instead of 13MP. It also has 6P lenses.
The depth-sensor camera for taking bokeh-ish portraits equips a 12MP sensor, instead of 2MP.
Another camera with 8MP sensor for telephoto also accompanies the main camera. The camera supports 10x hybrid zoom. It also has OIS by the way. Taking a zoomed photo needs a steady position and there comes the OIS to play.
The source of power also has a slightly higher capacity. The battery sports 4,500 mAh cells that support 50-watt fast wired charging, 30-watt fast wireless charging, and 10-watt reverse wireless charging technologies.
Key Specifications List
Xiaomi Mi 10 vs Mi 10 Pro:
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 (both).
- Display: 6.67″ OLED, 2340 x 1080 resolution, HDR10+, 90Hz @ FHD+, 180Hz touch response (both).
- Peak brightness: 1120 nits vs 1200 nits.
- Security: In-display fingerprint sensor and face recognition (both).
- Front camera: 20MP sensor.
- 1st rear camera: 108MP Wide 1/1.33″, 7P lens, OIS vs 108MP Wide 1/1.33″, 8P lens, OIS.
- 2nd rear camera: 13MP Ultra-Wide, 123°, f/2.4 vs 20MP Ultra-wide, 117°, f/2.2, 6P Lens.
- 3rd rear camera: 2MP f/2.4 Macro Camera vs 12MP Portrait Lens, f/2.0.
- 4th rear camera: 2MP f/2.4 Depth Sensor vs 8MP Telephoto Lens with 10x Hybrid Zoom, OIS.
- RAM: up to 12GB LPDDR5 (both).
- Storage: up to 256GB UFS 3.0 vs up to 512GB UFS 3.0.
- Battery: 4,780 mAh vs 4,500 mAh.
- Charging tech: 30W Fast Wired Charging and 30W Fast Wireless Charging vs 50W Fast Charging and 30W Fast Wireless Charging. Both support 10W Reverse Wireless Charging.
- Operating System: MIUI 11 Android 10.
- Connectivity: 5G: SA/NSA, Wi-Fi 6, USB Type-C, NFC, and Bluetooth v5.0 (both).
- Colour variants: Ice Blue, Titanium Silver Black, Peach Gold vs Starry Blue and Pearl White.
- Codename: umi vs cmi.
Official Teaser Posters
Availability and Pricing
Currently, China is of course the first country for Mi 10 to land. The next countries to receive Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro are European countries (Spain in 23rd this month), India, Indonesia, Russia, and some other Asian countries respectively.
Pricing is slightly pricier than any other Xiaomi phones. Inevitably, it is a flagship phone.
Mi 10 Price:
- 8+128GB variant: CNY 3999 (~$575)
- 8+256GB variant: CNY 4299 (~$615)
- 12+256GB variant: CNY 4699 (~$675)
Mi 10 Pro Price:
- 8+256GB variant: CNY 4999 (~$715)
- 12+256GB variant: CNY 5499 (~$780)
- 12+512GB variant: CNY 5999 (~$860)
Couldn’t wait for it to land officially in your country? You can purchase Mi 10/10 Pro starting this year’s Valentine day through online retailers such as JD.com, T-Mall, Xiaomi Youpin, Gearbest, Banggood, or the official Xiaomi online store.