A File Manager or Explorer app is a crucial thing in every Android phone. It acts like Windows File Explorer. Almost all file manager apps sport similar features essential for managing and organizing files including browsing, moving, copying, pasting, removing, and so on.
All Xiaomi phones also come built-in with the stock MIUI File Manager app. Users can enjoy all basic key features, obviously. Recently, the app received the new Dark Mode feature which is awesome.
Some additional feature that makes MIUI File Manager distinctive is its direct integration with ShareMe app (previously Mi Drop). Additionally, the Hidden Folder, Favorites, and Deep Clean are also interesting features.
What if I tell you another similar app with advanced features?
Meet the MiXplorer app! It is a feature-rich file manager app that combines file explorer with cloud explorer functionalities. MiXplorer allows browsing for local and cloud files in a single interface.
On top of that, its user interface is very intuitive preventing boring experience to happen.
A big vouch for its developer, Hootan Parsa from XDA community. One thing that we like so much about this app is the absence of Ads. The app is FREE and it displays no single advertisement. This is super awesome.
Key advantages you can enjoy with MiXplorer are:
- Custom USB OTG driver. The app can read and write data to any USB flash drive with FAT32 (R/W), exFat(R/W), NTFS (R) formatting.
- Built-in eBook reader which supports PDF and Epub files.
- Compress and decompress (extract) 7z and Zip/Zip64 (splitted-encrypted), TAR, TAR.GZ, TAR.BZ2, GZIP, BZIP2, XZ, WIM, Lizard, LZ4, LZ5, and Zstandard compressed files.
- Decompress (extract) RAR/RAR5 (splitted-encrypted), XZ, APM, CAB, ISO, ARJ, AR, LZH, LHA, CHM, MSI, WIM, Z, CPIO, RPM, DEB, NSIS, LZMA, NTFS, FAT, VHD, MBR, SWM, MSLZ, CramFS, Dmg, ELF, MachO, Mub, PE, Split, Xar, Z, Udf, HFS, SquashFS, and PPMD files.
- Advanced file operations using root access (rooted device only).
- User and System app management with data backup ability for rooted devices.
- EncFS volumes supported for all storages.
- File encryption and decryption using Aescrypt file format.
- Built-in Image Viewer (it supports GIF animation and large images).
- Built-in Media Player with VLC codecs add-on. It can play almost all video files.
- A built-in and powerful text editor.
- Tabbed browsing and Dual panel in landscape mode.
- Built-in cloud storage browser for 19 cloud providers such as Amazon Cloud Drive, Mega.co.nz, Mail.ru, Dropbox, Box, Yandex, HiDrive, Baidu, Mediafire, Kuaipan, Kanbox, IDrive, Hubic, 4Sync, Google Drive, Meo, OneDrive, pCloud, SugarSync, and VDisk.
- WebDAV cloud storage support. You can connect your own OwnCloud, NextCloud, MyDrive.ch, or CloudSafe, app.
- Have your own VPS or Dedicated servers? You can enjoy FTP and SFTP as well.
- Auto MD5 and SH1 file hash.
- many more…
Which features do you like the most?
MiXplorer is a free file manager app that you can download it from its XDA thread here. Alternatively, you can also download it from our mirror direct link below.
Have you tried it? We have! It’s super-duper awesome! It’s so far the best free file manager app as an alternative to the stock MIUI File Manager app or ES File Explorer.
Found a broken link? Write a comment below!