If Apple has iTunes app, Xiaomi has Mi PC Suite. It is the all-in-one tool to manage your device. It can install apps, update the mobile operating system, organize files, and so on. However, you may not need this software at all thanks to the flexibility of Android-powered smartphone – compared to Apple iPhone.
Despite the nature of the software which is dispensable, you may still need it sometimes. For instance, the software helps you to flash full MIUI ROM through recovery method. This case is helpful for those who cannot update through MIUI OTA mechanism automatically – e.g. due to stock recovery modification.
Mi PC Suite is also a savior in the critical case of bootloop error. In most cases, you can fix a bootloop error if the bootloader of your Xiaomi phone has been officially unlocked (read: how to unlock Xiaomi bootloader). Fortunately, many users have reported that using the Chinese version of Mi PC Suite simply solves the problem. This needs no bootloader unlocking mechanism.
Nevertheless, the only problem is that the China version is in Chinese. This brings a headache for those who cannot speak and read Chinese. JY.Nick, one of MIUI Device Team, has created an English translation bringing the global language to the Chinese version of Mi PC Suite.
Many users searched and requested this software for its capability to fix a bootloop MIUI phone. Many believe that the Chinese version possesses a higher level of power compared to its global English version. You can grab it from the link below.
Download Mi PC Suite China
The official link is below. You may need to login using your Mi Account:
Alternatively, you can also download the installer file from our mirror link below. The link is served through direct hot link. The file available from our mirror has been renamed to alphabet from Chinese characters.
The translation file is available below:
You may also need to read:
How to install and translate
It could be a little bit tricky but you may be safe installing the tool by following the corresponding steps below.
- Download the installer (.exe) file from mirror link above. You may also download it from the official link but you have to rename the file afterwards.
- Open up Windows Explorer and browse for the location of where you downloaded the file into.
- Double-click the file (MiPCSuite-v3-beta) to launch the installer.
- Follow the sequence as displayed in the pictures below:
Important! Change the installation destination to the root directory of drive C:\
You may also need to create a Desktop Shortcut by ticking the option. Click the Next button as displayed in the pic.
Click Next again and wait for the installation process.
Once the process is done, tick the only option and click the button to finish and directly launch the software.
Now let’s translate the software to English. You may need to close the software first if it is currently running.
- Download the translation file (.zip) from the above link.
- Open Windows Explorer and go to the Mi PC Suite installation directory which is located at C:\MiPhoneAssistant.
- Now delete the mi_phone_assistant.res folder.
- Find the downloaded zip file and extract it. You may use either the built-in Windows zip features or another software like WinZip/WinRAR/7Zip.
- Copy the extracted file to the C:\MiPhoneAssistant folder. The zip file contains mi_phone_assistant.res folder including all the translation file.
- That’s it. You may now reopen Mi PC Suite and you will notice the user interface has been changed to English language.
Here are some screenshot pics from the steps above:
Congratulation! You have installed China Mi PC Suite and you have converted it to English. Make sure you login using a valid Mi Account. Otherwise, it won’t work properly.